• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Question on Wiring up the door locks

fstfrd

Donator
Hi fellas, I need a bit of help on this one. My donor car is a 89 notch, no power windows, just door locks. My question is how do I wire up the 89 with the 97 cobra harness having power windows ? I used the entire 97 Cobra harness on the coupe, Except for the doors ! I was just going to re pin the harness to fit the cobra pigtail, but I'm really stuck on how I'm going to make that happen. Anyone else ran across this yet ?

whiteponygt

Depends On Which Dash Harness U Go With I Used The 97 door Harness And Just Cut And Spliced The Old connectors On To He New harness

fstfrd

Donator
I used the complete 97 harness, excluding the doors ! Do you happen to have a schematic of a foxbody door harness ?

whiteponygt

I have a shop manuel for a 90 mustang what colors are you curious about if your going with just power door locks the colors are the same for a 97 as they are for a 90

whiteponygt

when wiring the locks as long as the locks are the only thing you need is power to the switch and two wires to the lock, both should be pink one with black tracer.

fstfrd

Donator
Ok I understand, the problem is the 89 door lock switch has 4 pink and two black/wht wires, and the 97 has exactly what ur describing two pink and one black/wht.... I looked at a schematic and I'm gonna give it a shot tonight. Thanx for your help. ..

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

whiteponygt

yeah the black and white wires are just a ground on the newer harness the passenger door feeds power to the driver side thas why you have more wires on the old door