• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SN95 DASH SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well me and a member on here started his sn95 dash swap today. We got the old dash out and rough fitted the new in for a test fit. We could not find any REALLY detailed swap write ups, so we decided to take alot of pics to document it for us and others. So far its not been bad but the wiring is what is worrying us the most. So here it goes.

NEW DASH
DSCF3317.jpg

THE OLD DASH AND REMOVAL
DSCF3319.jpg

DSCF3320.jpg

DSCF3323.jpg

DSCF3324.jpg

DSCF3327.jpg

STEERING COLUMN REMOVAL
DSCF3328.jpg

DSCF3330.jpg

DSCF3331.jpg

DSCF3329.jpg

DSCF3332.jpg

NEW DASH TEST FIT #1
DSCF3336.jpg

DSCF3337.jpg

DSCF3338.jpg

We still need to weld brackets and cut the dash but ALOT more pics to come. I hope this help anyone wanting to do the swap.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
We did find out that there looks to be quite a bit that will be cut off the new dash, if anyone has any usefull tips chime in and let us know

Svt Fox

Staff member
Thanks fellas for doing a thorough documentation of your swap. Maybe the mod or admin will make it a sticky!

Dustin

Yea it has not been to bad these far. But everything comes apart better then it gos together. I have been looking a lot with the wiring, Taking a good diagram of the sn95 wiring and matching it up looks to be the hard part, but I am printing out a lot of wire diagrams to help us along the way.

Also thanks again to Jerry for all the help so far. I just glad I was able to find someone local intrested in the same swap to help me out.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well we got the new heater box gonna try to get some more done this weekend so some more pics will be posted this weekend. May get to give the dash a little trim this weekend LOL. Dustin is nervous about this part LOL.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
We got about four hours of work in today on the dash, got the brackets moved and welded, heater box in, and frame bolted in, gonna try to cut the dash sunday and then the wiring. We had to remove some sheet metal that SOMEONE welded in place where the FACTORY holes where LOL. But this is not a necessary step for antone else just us LMAO. Enjoy!!!!!! Fell free to ask questions. Pay no mind to the intake sticking through the firewall lol its going bye-bye.

FACTORY HOLES RE-CUT
DSCF3357.jpg

HEATER BOX IN
DSCF3358.jpg

FACTORY LOCATION OF BRACKET ON SN95 DASH DRIVER SIDE
DSCF3361.jpg

NEW LOCATION OF BRACKET
DSCF3360.jpg

DSCF3363.jpg

OTHER BRACKET LOCATION ON PASSENGER SIZE
DSCF3362.jpg

FRAME AND HEATER BOX INSTALLED
DSCF3364.jpg

FACTORY LOWER BRACKETS NO MODS REQUIRED EXCEPT A SLIGHT BEND BACKWARDS
DSCF3365.jpg

DSCF3366.jpg

Dustin

Thanks for the upload of the pictures Jerry. I am nervous about the cutting part because if we cut off to much I have to buy a new dash and they are not cheap. lol Yes the wiring part is what I am really not looking forward to. But if there is not a challange it would not be worth doing right. ...

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Thanks for the upload of the pictures Jerry. I am nervous about the cutting part because if we cut off to much I have to buy a new dash and they are not cheap. lol Yes the wiring part is what I am really not looking forward to. But if there is not a challange it would not be worth doing right. ...
Thats right!!!!!!! " WE GOT THIS BRO " lol.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well trial and error has come into play we had to remove the brackets we welded on so we are gonna finish cutting the dash and reweld the brackets when the fitment is correct. I thought is was going to easy LOL. I will take pics of the new brackets welded in when we are sure of the fitment. We are super close to a final fit.

Dustin

Yes we have just been very busy over the holidays. We had to stop for a little bit. We will be updating this post soon.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Gotta keep the women and kids happy over the holidays but gonna fire back in this weekend hopefully on it and atleast get it bolted up.

Bobby Amato

I just finished up this swap, so let me know if you have any questions. As far as the wiring goes I used a complete cobra wiring harness and the spliced it to work in the fox components, such as the taillights etc. I am in the process of doing a complete modular swap though not just a dash.

I have a complete wiring harness out of a 96 cobra for sale if you are intrested.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I just finished up this swap, so let me know if you have any questions. As far as the wiring goes I used a complete cobra wiring harness and the spliced it to work in the fox components, such as the taillights etc. I am in the process of doing a complete modular swap though not just a dash.

I have a complete wiring harness out of a 96 cobra for sale if you are intrested.

Post up some pics of your install

ponyboy89lx

Staff member

Yeah post some pics please, this is my buddies car, havent done anything to it in awhile, but i have started my own swap i guess going the same route you are with the complete harness.

4whldisc

i shall be doing this swap also, i am in the parts gathering and info collection mode now. i have a 97 mustang GT donor for some parts. i'm trying to collect enough parts to start the resurrection process. yeah it looks like a lot of work, but it will be worth it, the 97 donor only has 27 on it, so it should last a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.