• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sn95 rack

Jon

Does anybody have any pointers on swapping this over? From what I've read you have to use the fox inner/outer tie rods and a new steering shaft. Will using the sn95 column eliminate the need for the aftermarket steering g shaft?

Thnx

FuturaGuy

Staff member
If you use the SN-95 column, you won't need the aftermarket steering shaft. If you keep the Fox steering column, then there are a couple of things you can do. I went the aftermarket route with adaptors and shafts made by Borgeson in Torrington, CT. I've also heard of guys welding together a shaft from SN-95 and Fox pieces. I hope their welding skills are better than mine.

Use '82-'93 tie rods. The earlier tie rods from '78 to '81 are about .040" (1 mm) smaller in diameter and the rubber boots on the rack will slide instead of fitting tight. I dislike the roll pins Ford used to lock the tie rods to the rack so I drilled out the pin hole to .129" (# 30 twist drill) and tapped the hole to accept an 8-32 setscrew.

Last edited: