• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

step by step dash install please

myers407

Staff member
This is a shot that will help give you an Idea of what will have to be cut off. mustangwork023-2.jpgmustangwork008-6.jpg
This is the HVAC box from my 02 doner car you can see the brackes that I had to make to bolt it up. This is a much better system than the fox set up. mustangwork014-6.jpg
Just a bit of a teaser picture.

myers407

Staff member
I found another picture that will help give an idea of how to strat this. I made a template of the firewall and then used a sharpie to put that on the dash. Enjoy the others of some of the brackets that will have to be moved and rewelded. Mustangdash005-1.jpgMustangdash004-1.jpgMustangdash016.jpgMustangdash017.jpgMustangdash014.jpg
You will see the console in place here it is important to make sure that it is lined up before welding everything in place. This was the first dash that I had gotten before I scored my 2000.00 doner car. Mustangdash015.jpgMustangdash019.jpg
This is one of the lower brackets.
Mustangdash018.jpgMustangdash021.jpg

myers407

Staff member
I am currently helping Foxzilla do the same conversion on his. I will be sure to get some good pics and have him post them as well.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
That would be awesome. One of the important things for me is having a functional HVAC, including defrost. I saw one at a show that the guy had cut all the defrost off and had ducted the defrost up through some vents he mounted on the top of the dash. I'm hoping I can find a better way to do that.

myers407

Staff member
When I got mine cut in I still have a fully functional set up. Blows up just right.

azsnake

I just put up a post with some pics on SN-95 dash swap. Its not a step by step but Im gonna try to get up a good step by step instructions by the summer. Im gonna be tearing mine down and I'll take some good photos. Here's some of my pics with small descriptions.
View attachment 293
http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/ad147/SVTCAPRI/SN-95 Dash Swap/
Did you cut off your defrost vents, then remove more material and somehow splice the dash together? Similar to how the SN95 door panels are spliced together? I was looking at your photobucket link and it kinda looks like thats what you did, but I can be sure.

Will Daly

Swapfox
can anyone show me a picture of the firewall plate (Steering bearing housing) installed in there car? I am in the process of installing mine now but I feel like the bearing is being relocated too close to the frame rail.

Will Daly

Swapfox
Ahh thank you! I was nervous about mounting my new bearing plate due to it being into the frame rail like that but if that’s how it goes then away we go!!! I will be sure to get some pictures together and get my build thread going. Tanks again Bill