• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sunroof leaking help

2vmodfox

So all my drains are clear and flowing but after a few mins of spraying the hose on it it still starts to come in still and ideas what it could be

Sent From Your Moms Phone

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I may be coming in on the middle of this conversation. Have you pulled the seal and looked at it? LRS or Foxresto can sell you a new set of seals. There used to be some youtube videos on fixing that problem as well. I haven't looked in years, but I bet they are still there.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If it is leaking on the body seal, use the heat gun in the corners first to make sure the curved part seats well. Then do the flat sides and any bends that came from when it was packaged. The same goes true for the seal on the glass. LRS recommends Permatex Ultra Black to seal the seamed ends of the seal on the glass. The same can be said for the body seal seam as well. Once it is completely installed (which yours is) go around the closed sunroof with the heat gun to marry the two together. Let it cool for a couple of hours and it should be water tight.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
That always sucks. My convertible is a shell right now and I'm not looking forward to fighting with all the seals. The heat gun might work. Can you tell whether the water is coming in between the seals or under one? It might be one way in one corner and the other way in the other corner.