• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Terminator Fox Awakens!

419forest

More research has shown that the driveshaft must be installed into the rear output to the transmission when the drivetrain has been removed from the car. Otherwise there isn't a counterbalance when trying to remove the auxillary crank pulley from the front of the engine.

419forest

Snap, crackle, pop! The initial sound of a cheap Autozone Duralast 14mm socket before the NAPA 14mm socket and a cheater bar with pipe wrench on the drive shaft did the trick. Now I can install the Metco 4lb lower system.

419forest

I removed my fox body pedal assembly and was ready to install the pedal assembly from a Mach 1. I was told that it is the same as a 03/04 Cobra. The mounting locations for it do not match the fox body pedal assembly (right). Am I missing something or was I sold a part that will not work?
pedals resize.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The SN-95 mounting bracket is not the same as the fox. Are you doing the dash and steering column swap? If not, use the fox pedals. The Mach 1 and the Cobra assembly are the same as they are both SN-95 assemblies. You may have answered this somewhere else, but how far into it are you going in terms of the interior?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Agreed with above, if your not using the new style dash use the fox pedals but if your changing to SN95 dash you must use the new style pedal assembly. Car is gonna look sick craig when its done. Feel free to post anymore questions we are here to help all that we can.

419forest

The SN-95 mounting bracket is not the same as the fox. Are you doing the dash and steering column swap? If not, use the fox pedals. The Mach 1 and the Cobra assembly are the same as they are both SN-95 assemblies. You may have answered this somewhere else, but how far into it are you going in terms of the interior?

I found a thread on another website which modifies the Mach1 pedal assembly by cutting away the fox steering column bracket and welding it to the Mach1 pedal assembly so that the original fox dash and steering column can be used. I have cut up the fox pedal assembly bracket in order to weld it to the Mach1 pedal assembly. I plan to retain the fox dash. I was told that I could not use the fox pedal assembly...looks like I was told wrong .[/ATTACH]bracket2.jpgBBracket1.jpg

Last edited:

419forest

Agreed with above, if your not using the new style dash use the fox pedals but if your changing to SN95 dash you must use the new style pedal assembly. Car is gonna look sick craig when its done. Feel free to post anymore questions we are here to help all that we can.

Thank you for the guidance. Unfortunately, I've already bastardized the fox pedal assembly/steering column bracket in order to get the SN-95 pedal assembly to work in my fox.

419forest

Almost finished with re-assembling the accessories to the front of the engine.

Front accessories.jpg
Why did you have to clearance the holes more?

All I did was a temporary install, re-drill one hole, then re-install. Done.

I made a template of the hydroboost plate which has a larger inner core than fox booster cylinder. Outer holes were clearanced to the size of hydro stud column. I will likely use fender washers if they are too large.

Last edited by a moderator: