• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What rear suspension are you running?

Capri_gt

Im trying to come up with a few ideas for a new suspension setup for the rear of my capri. Wondering what everyone else is running? The car will be used for just about 100% street driving so keep that in mind. Anyone running a torque arm swap or a three link?

Svt Fox

Staff member
I'm running boxed aftermarket upper and lower control arms with FMS C-Springs. So pretty much stock lol

Speedtospare

I am running SN95 width 8.8, 8" UPR Coilover's, QA1 Single adjust shocks with 175lb Eibach springs, Team-Z contol arms, and stock sway bar. With the shocks set to street (dial adjustment) The car is lowered about 2.5" it rides very nice unlike some of the lowering spring swaps. Turn the dial to the drag setting and its quite hard. This a primarily a drag setup but I would love to add a watts link or pan hard bar but I don't really road race.

Go look at the MM pan hard setup

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=514_21_90

attachment.php

Capri_gt

Im really leaning towards a pan hard bar and a torque arm swap, but I havent been able to find anyone who has any hands on experience with such a setup. Id rather hear the results from a person then only from a magazine. This will be the next area I tend to on my capri with subframe connectors going on at the same time.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Jonathan is running the MM torque arm setup. He doesn't post much because he just got back from Korea and just got married. If you are going to be 100% on the street, you might consider an IRS from a Cobra. The ride is really nice and the wow factor is way up there. Installation is a weekend project and not that hard.