• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

wiring questions on a 90 mustang gt

whiteponygt

i have two questions first off the swap is a lincoln swap in a fox. the lincoln motor was COP i used the 97 gt harness everything plugged in nicely but when i got to the coolant crossover tube i only had one sensor wheres others ive looked at is apposta have two sensors. under the intake manifold there is two sensors that run together and there is a brown round plug that doesnt match anything on the harness do i need to wire that to one side of the coolant sensor? I hope i made that clear enough. Question #2 I swapped over the complete body harness into my fox how did everyone wire in the doors did you use the new door harness or pinout the out and new harnesses. Let me know if i need to clearfiy anything or post pics

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
The two sensors in the intake valley are the knock sensors, I didn't even plug mine in LOL. I cant remember if I have two sensors on my crossover tube or not, I can look and let you know something in a day or so. On my doors I used the entire wiring out of the cobra and I mean EVERYTHING, I did have to take the door harness connectors apart just to get them through the rubber boot that goes from the door to the body. There is also a module on the SN95 driver door harness that allows you to have auto roll down window on the driver door, my windows would not work without this module plugged in. Hope this helps ya out.

whiteponygt

so when you say used the door harnesses did you pin out the new harness to match the fox door panels or are you trying to do the new style door panels to. And yes that was very helpful thanks

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I used the entire SN95 door harness, im running the fox panels for now but plan to do the swap later. There is NOT one single wire in my car from the fox, its all from a 96 Mystic cobra. I had to remove the plugs of the new harness's to get them through door hole where it has the rubber boot that goes from the door to the actual body.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I guess it all depends on if you are gonna run the SN95 dash harness or not. If you plan on running the new harness then I would use the new door harness. It your gonna run the fox dash harness I would keep it. I just found it was easier for me to swap the entire harness.