• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1986 4.6L dohc exhaust options

cpearson1342

Ok guys so I dry fit my engine today and everything seems to line up decently, and the steering shaft doesn't get in the way at all so far, but the x-pipe I have is having clearance issues with the o2 sensors. I want to keep the stock exhaust manifold, but what catted exhaust options will fit? I'm going to see if it will fit with the trans and without the sensors tomorrow and if so is relocating the sensors a better option? Thanks, any input will be much appreciated.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Since you already have the X-pipe, and since you are test fitting it without the sensors, if it fits without them, I would recommend relocating them as a lower cost option than replacing the midpipe setup.

cpearson1342

It doesn't fit at all, it's too wide in the front and around the trans support because it is the 03 04 type. Does anyone know if the 96-98 gt/cobra mid pipe should fit? They're supposed to have the same type of pipes, but accommodate for the same trans support as the foxbodies. Can anyone confirm the trans support is the same approximate distance back on a foxbody as a 96-98?

whiteponygt

I can't verify distance but I had to drill the holes bigger on my mid pipe to get it to go on its from an 03cobra