• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1998 Mod Fox Back Again

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Alright everyone is time to get back to the drawing board on this old project of mine (MODULAR FOX PROJECT).. If you all remember we installed The Detail Zone wiring harness and used the stock CPU from the Mark VIII. We are now trying to go faster and want to convert this project to an 1998 Cobra CPU and OBDII wiring system? Do to lack of tuners. Which route do you all think would be the best for us to accomplish this? We are also thinking of just doing the TwEECer RT and not worry about the upgrade.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
What did you decide to do? I would think picking up a engine bay harness and CPU from some place like MPS wouldn't be horribly expensive.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
What did you decide to do? I would think picking up a engine bay harness and CPU from some place like MPS wouldn't be horribly expensive.
We have everything but, not sure if it would be worth re pinning everything..

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Are you pinned to a specific year, or did you have to pin to match the aftermarket harness?

Speedtospare

Auto Mach 1 PCM's have the fastest processor from my research in the past.

Lack of tuners? No SCT tuners in your area? If you have a dyno near you just have whomever remote tune the car.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You're running a Lincoln motor with a Cobra intake and JBAs...right? My recommendation would be to cash a reality check on what you want to accomplish. They aren't quite as pretty, but it is hard to beat a factory harness. As for the computer, get one that matches your setup as closely as possible. Chances are you can get a canned performance tune for a Cobra that would only need tweaked a bit. There are so many factory Cobra computers floating around out there that if you tell us what you're looking for, someone on here will find it.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
MustangCWO said:
Car is coming along nicely. We spent today pinning terminals to the computer connector; 48 down and 12 to go!! Thanks goes out to Jarred for all the terminal crimping and to Dave for assisting me in locating and inserting the first 48 terminals.

We have a new blow down tube, new gauge pods, water and oil gauges and several other components that still require installation. Hope to see my drag race and install guys at the next get together.

Computer Pin.JPG WSRaceCar_20131026_01.jpg WSRaceCar_20131026_02.jpg WSRaceCar_20131026_03.jpg

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Dude! That is a lot of work.
we had someone break into our car and steal the CPU and Nitrous System we are putting all back with a new updated CPU that has a strategy that has support for.. The old Mark VIII was a pain to get tuned.

Last edited: