• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2003 termi clutch

rusqtsi

Guys please see the video below.

Having a hard time adjusting the clutch. In that video if I thread the entire but until it touches the clutch fork when releasing the clutch pedal it grabs around 1/2 in from the floor. As you can see I have no more adjustability.

I have the frpp sn95 cable. Don't know the length.

Also MM clutch pedal height adjuster

Any thoughts.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Did you use a factory or after market quadrant? Do you have a firewall adjuster?

rusqtsi

Aftermarket quadrant and a firewall adjuster. I am being told I need to ditch the frpp cable and go for a ford type non adjustable cable with the aftermarket quad and adjuster

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I've never used the FRPP cable, so I can speak to that. We always had good luck with the factory non-adjustable cable, w/aftermarket quadrant and adjuster

rusqtsi

I am come to realize to dump the frpp and get a dual or triple hook quadrant and adjust via the firewall adjuster. Although there is not much room to play with the firewall adjuster as the cobra heads are very close to it.

rusqtsi

Which aftermarket quadrant did you use? Also was is single dual or triple hook and which hook did you use ?

I can tell you the single hook quadrant along with a the stock or Frpp cable and the firewall adjuster do not work.

The frpp cable is too long.
The stock cable is too short.

I assume the dual hook would give enough slack with the stock cable and hopefully not too much because I don't have that much room on the adjuster to play with. Maybe 1/2 inch.