• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

3.4l dohc mod motor?

8t9notch

Id the 3.4litre motor thats in the Taurus SHO considered a mod motor? I was wondering if they were even in that category. Im looking at buying one. I couldn't find any performance parts for it at all.

teufelhund

yes it is. all the modern fords on using the mod motors. im not 100% sure about the aftermarket for the SHO but im thinking it would be slow. but i could be wrong.

interceptor999

The duratec V6's are pretty peppy and theirs a few performance stuff available, I wouldn't use the SHO V8 though I have heard some bad stuff about them, only thing bad I can say about the SHO V6 is its heavy.

8t9notch

Yea the cam gears come off of the camshafts eventually. I posted this when i was looking at buying a sho. I do like the SHO's, but after finding out that there are no performance parts for them and that cam issue i changed my mind quick. I got a 97 mark VIII instead.