• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

3v swap headers

I know I can't use the stock manifolds cause they hit the firewall. I'm not wanting to use the adapters to bolt 2v headers to the 3v. What are my options for long tubes? If I can't find anything probably going to make my own. But that is a last resort. Anyone know if any sn197 headers will work?

smokinford

what I have done so far is to take a set of headers that fit a fox with a 4.6 2v set of headers and I cut the flange off and then welded 3v header flanges on the 2v headers. I tested them on the 04 k member out of a cobra with the motor to make sure they would clear. I am pretty sure that they will fit because latemodel used a set of the flange adapters, and they fit with just a little mods to them. I figure that I will be about 3/4 of a inch away from the frame rail because the flanges they used were 1/2 thick and I lost some material when I cut off the old flanges.

smokinford

I hope to be able to post pictures soon. I am going to try and get the car in the garage this weekend and start taking out the dash. once I do that I will take pictures of the headers.

smokinford

I
8655cd6df9e6a12f5b287613a9695fda.jpg

bruce L

What ever happen with these love to see more or know if they came out with headers that fit the 3v I am going with headman headers and Logan motorsports 2v adaptors hope to have the parts soon and get. Fabracating

cobfa9646

I would like to see also. getting ready to do the same thing myself. What brand headers did you use? Did the stearing shaft clear?