• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

3v swap

So I was trying to decide between a 3v or 4v swap and I found a great deal on a low mileage 3v and a set of comp stg 2 cams for it. I am swapping this into a 88 vert. I will probably be using the ford racing control pack kit. How will I make this work with my factory dash and cluster? I'm going to use a 4r70w with either a controller or a manual vb. I have seen where people pin the cams and use a 2v computer and harness. Which way have you guys that have done this swap went? Thanks

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The control pack comes with some basic instruction on where to pick up power for what. You'll need to harness diagram set for your 88 vert. If you go with a controller for the 4r70w, you can install paddle shifters that will allow you to shift up and down without taking your hands off the wheel. This is particularly nice for racing applications, and is also a big hit on the show lines.

So your saying that the control pack should have all the connections to be able to connect to my stock harness? I saw on another forum that the said I need a harness out of a 99- 2000 or so gt to connect to the control pack to make it work.

My engine didn't come with the engine wiring harness. Do I need one off of a 3 valve or can I make another engine harness work.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I would say talk to your Ford dealer where you plan to buy the control pack. They should be able to tell you what you will need to make the pack work

Thanks Bill. I ended up reading last night that I need a harness off of a 07-09 to connect to the control pack. That control pack looks like it will be a piece of cake to install. It even has relays for the fuel pump and fans and ac. Pretty neat. I can't wait to get started.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Awesome. Take and post lots of pictures. That may be my next swap. :)

Just updating. I bought the engine e and a set of stg. 2 comp cams to go along with it. I have started pulling the 302 out of the car and have already pulled the vacuum brake booster setup. I purchased the rack and hydroboost setup out of a low mileage 03 cobra. I'm going to pull the engine and then get the Saleen kit put on and all the body work done before I install the 3v. I'm getting my 4r70w today and probably go ahead and order my controller for it. I will try and get some pics to post up soon