• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4.6 DOHC Swap into Fox

rusqtsi

Hello everyone,

New to the board.

I have a 89 in almost stock form

Currently have installed the m2300k
Griggs GR40 suspension and thats it.

Recently I came unto a deal.

I bought a crashed 1996 Mystic cobra. Not worth repairing in my opinion. 70k miles.

So I removed the engine and tranny. In process of taking wiring out.

I had plans on supercharging my stock 302 with a HCI combo.

I also bought a T56 for the 302 with the proper bellhousing and flywheel.

So now the plan is to forget about the 302 and HCI combo and just swap the cobra motor but I want to use the T56 instead of the T45.

Can it be done? What do I need? Any part # on the bellhousing.

The T56 I have is 1386-000-012 built by Rockland Standard good for 600+ HP and I want to make this T56 work with the cobra engine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

modularf

That T-56 should mount perfectly with the 96 Cobra Motor if I am not mistaken.. AJE makes a crossmember / trans mount for your SN95 mustang.

I have heard other have used the original ones from the SN95 just have to play with it and post pics for others...

Attachments

• Transmount.jpg
    Transmount.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Transmount.jpg
    Transmount.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Transmount.jpg
    Transmount.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Transmount.jpg
    Transmount.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 91

rusqtsi

I have a fox body not a SN95.

The idea is to put a t56 that was intended for a 5.0 onto the cobra engine in a fox body. I will check out AJE.

Also where do I find any info on the wiring needed for the swap? Detailzone is nice but I have the donor car with all the wiring. I want to be able to start the car along with having all current power options. i.e PW, PDL etc...

modularf

I talking about your donor car the 96 you can use the existing parts just might have to fabricate a bit to make it work on your fox...

modularf

ModularFoxMustangs said:
I talking about your donor car the 96 you can use the existing parts just might have to fabricate a bit to make it work on your fox...

I will post it up in wiring section..

Bill

Staff member
Donator
No doubt. Brian is a retired auto engineer. He sold his 1 of 1 concourse restored Shelby Mustang to start that business. He can build just about anything.