• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4.6 dohc ud pullies

David

Reading in another mustang forum that ud pullies for the mach 1 and similar dohc engines is not only pointless but potentialy dangerous....

Any insight?? any specific brand??

IMO why or how could a company like steeda make pullies that would fail? They have engineers that are paid to r and d stuff like this...

Being more specific...what I've read is that the crank pulley will fail and or damage the oil pump...but the water pump pully helps stop cavatation at higher rpms

I have steeda pullies and would like to not damage my beautiful engine...

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I read that the alternator would be the first one to go, but like I said I read that, cant confirm it from personal experience.

David

From what i read the alt pulley should not be changed (at least 03 04 mach 1)

Has anyone swapped any pullies and had problems?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
David, I have heard similar stories. I was a Premier Authorized Steeda Dealer for years (I used to own Atlantic Coast Mustang). We sold a lot of Steeda pulleys and never had a single set that we installed fail. I don't remember ever getting a complaint from our eBay or web customers, but likely wouldn't have from them. We had them on our 96 Cobra test car and put more than 50,000 miles on them including Cross-country tours, autocross and open track. If you already have them, and your motor and accessories are in good shape, and you follow the direction for installation without shortcuts, I would say go ahead and use them. If you are concerned about any of those items, I recommend you sell them and invest that money in something else.