• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4R70 guys

Memphis Modular

For the guys running the 4R70/75W's behind a carbed engine, what are you doing to control it? Controller from like Bauman? Manual V/B with O/D on a switch? Did you keep lock up, or did you get a convertor with out it?

Not sure which route I want to go, 4R or a C4.

Appreciate the input/info

Kurt

I use the Bauman Quick1 controller, on my 4R70W with a PTC converter. Love it. Regret nothing. My converter has a single disc which is just fine for cruise lock up.

I don't even think they do non lockup converters like with the AOD.... I just think it's regular single disc lockup or super badass clutch lockup so you can lock the converter while going full tilt...

Last edited:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If you put a paddle shift controller and a manual switch with that, that would be an awesome drag set up.

Kurt

You are overlooking a few things. Check out the Transgo Manual valve body conversion. The 4R is a 600+hp trans with a 300m stub shaft and valve body mods. Also, it's worth a few $$$ to have overdrive.