• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4V headers

whiteponygt

OH for the love of god where can u get a set of 4v headers for a 96-98 mustang with out spending an arm and a leg i can even find stock headers anywhere and the cheapest ive seen is 489 is that about average. I called all the local junk yards around here and no one has a set of factories. What is the deal. and input would help anyone know where a set is or have a set for sale let me know.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
you can get stockers on the bay, but who wants stock lol j/k i had stock ones for a while. take into consideration all cobra's are manual, so if your running an auto i would go with stockers.

Svt Fox

Staff member
you can get stockers on the bay, but who wants stock lol j/k i had stock ones for a while. take into consideration all cobra's are manual, so if your running an auto i would go with stockers.

True but... Some of the Mach 1's came with an auto though :) might be worth looking into.

whiteponygt

ive looked on the bay for stockers and no luck. i found a set of flowtech long tubes for 325 im prolly gonna have to go with. im just worried about spending that much and them not clearing the steering shaft.Anyone have steering clearance issues

NightStalker

I don't believe so, I can check the mounting pattern tomorrow after work if no one has a quicker answer, I have a set of both heads in my garage..

Speedtospare

I'm going to use some of my income taxes to purchase a set of Kooks long tubes.

Are your transmission mounts in the stock location? If so order the modfox specific kooks headers. If you welded them a new location further back you can use a stock 03 cobra headers. MAC ones seem to fit decent. Stock manifold are holding 620 WHP on my buddies 04 Cobra. I'm going to stick with the manifold for a while.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Are your transmission mounts in the stock location? If so order the modfox specific kooks headers. If you welded them a new location further back you can use a stock 03 cobra headers. MAC ones seem to fit decent. Stock manifold are holding 620 WHP on my buddies 04 Cobra. I'm going to stick with the manifold for a while.

The manifolds are great and I will hold on to mine if/when I convert to longtubes. I've been eyeing the hotside portion of the On3 kit. If I go that route, I'll fab my own cold side. Well see what the winter brings!

NightStalker

If your doing a turbo setup I recommend getting the CG Fabrication setup... I was going to do On3 on mine but after buying it the only thing I'm going to use till I upgrade the turbo is the cold side piping...

n2ostang

from what ive read in a few books all 4v heads share the same exhaust port and bolt location i know my b head headers fit the navi heads i had right now im actually bolting a set of pypes 2v long tubes to 01 cobra c headsbolts right up just have to do a little port work on the headers to make them match the c head ports ( 4v have a oval-ish port and 2v have a round one) hope any of this info helps u

Svt Fox

Staff member
from what ive read in a few books all 4v heads share the same exhaust port and bolt location i know my b head headers fit the navi heads i had right now im actually bolting a set of pypes 2v long tubes to 01 cobra c headsbolts right up just have to do a little port work on the headers to make them match the c head ports ( 4v have a oval-ish port and 2v have a round one) hope any of this info helps u

That's a big NO on the 2V headers.. Different, won't work.

n2ostang

ok so messed with my headers today and i was wrong it looked like it would work but after mic it the area where the tubes meet the flange will be to thin on the tube ( maybe thru) so these gentleman r correct 2V HEADERS WONT WORK!!!! sorry for the misinfomation i was fairly confident i could pull it off but thanks svt fox and speed to spare for the correction it made me check farther into it and kept me from ruining a set of nice expensive headers