• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.4 lightning swap

James king

New to the forum curious to see if anyone has a 2nd generation lightning engine in a foxbody. I have an 87 fox with 99 lightning engine it runs but still a project. Im looking for pics and info on others out there.

James king

Trying to find out how to make or where to buy the lower radiator hose connector where it branches off into three 1 inch hoses that go to heat exchanger and reservoir.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Dealership? Or if you have a good friend that works at a part store, go raid their hose section.

James king

Yea I done all that...and researched hose splicers only to find y shaped adapters... I need one that has a 1 3/4" in and out with two 1" ports out one side and a 1" port out the other. Im using the stock lightning lower radiator hose with a pvc pipe union and a extra foot of napas 1 3/4" flexible hose to make it long enough to work. Its just kinda ugly and want something that looks more factory. If your having trouble envisioning the lightning lower radiator hose take a peak of one on ebay.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Yea I done all that...and researched hose splicers only to find y shaped adapters... I need one that has a 1 3/4" in and out with two 1" ports out one side and a 1" port out the other. Im using the stock lightning lower radiator hose with a pvc pipe union and a extra foot of napas 1 3/4" flexible hose to make it long enough to work. Its just kinda ugly and want something that looks more factory. If your having trouble envisioning the lightning lower radiator hose take a peak of one on ebay.

Post a picture if your rig.