• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

88 Mustang Cobra SVT - Tribute Build

egress

Just an update. School's been taking up my time plus with other side projects.

I'm scrapping the 88 Notch frame. I'm currently looking for a straight coupe frame before I continue this project. Sorry guys... :(

I wish I could salvage this frame but I will have to pay a hefty price to do so...

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I would try with every effort left in me to try and save the fox coupe, but if it is truly not savable then it is what it is.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Just an update. School's been taking up my time plus with other side projects.

I'm scrapping the 88 Notch frame. I'm currently looking for a straight coupe frame before I continue this project. Sorry guys... :(

I wish I could salvage this frame but I will have to pay a hefty price to do so...

Do you mean k-member? The car is unibody, it doesn't have a frame.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Do you mean k-member? The car is unibody, it doesn't have a frame.
The car had been wrecked and replaced fender aprons and don't a shabby job I would take it to someone who knew what they were doing and have it fixed, theres a lot of guys out there that can fix it like new at a descent price. The rest of the car looks awesome from what I have seen, so I would try getting a quote at a body shop, versus the price of a good roller coupe, it might surprise yeah what they can do at the body shop, but this is my opinion.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I agree. I would at least get a quote before I scrapped it. It might be a good opportunity to put smoothing panels in at the same time.

egress

The car is stuck unmobile in my garage. I'd have to bolt on a K member and wheel it on a trailer, etc to get a quote. I wish I had a trailer... :( and a truck... :(

The search for a roller has failed me. I think I'll have to end up wheeling the notch to a frame shop and see what they said. Worst that happens is I just chop off the whole front end and have them reweld one. The rear is completely straight (to my knowledge). Welded SFCs, Welded Torque Boxes, and chassis has been fully sound deadened with Dynamat and rubberized spray. Let's see how much money I make from flipping this 94GT I just put together, and selling the 99 Cobra IRS. I just don't see a need for the IRS other than being more unique, and handle somewhat better on curvy roads and more comfortable ride. Plus 99 Cobra IRS needs lots of work to get to where my current rear end is now...

1544430_10152155779624609_501884686_n.jpg

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
The car is stuck unmobile in my garage. I'd have to bolt on a K member and wheel it on a trailer, etc to get a quote. I wish I had a trailer... :( and a truck... :(

The search for a roller has failed me. I think I'll have to end up wheeling the notch to a frame shop and see what they said. Worst that happens is I just chop off the whole front end and have them reweld one. The rear is completely straight (to my knowledge). Welded SFCs, Welded Torque Boxes, and chassis has been fully sound deadened with Dynamat and rubberized spray. Let's see how much money I make from flipping this 94GT I just put together, and selling the 99 Cobra IRS. I just don't see a need for the IRS other than being more unique, and handle somewhat better on curvy roads and more comfortable ride. Plus 99 Cobra IRS needs lots of work to get to where my current rear end is now...

1544430_10152155779624609_501884686_n.jpg

sorry to hear this.. Good things will come keep looking..