• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

91GT 4.6 Cobra Swap Gonna need a little help as I go.

whiteponygt

If you have the Lincoln harness there is a write up on here for doing the conversion your self that way you won't have to buy anything just do a Lil wiring

419forest

These are the valve covers I am probably going to use for this motor. They were supposed to be for my 96 Cobra I have but think I am gonna get another set done. I am also getting the Intake cover done like this too so they will match.

wow

VNMSGT

I have a chance to buy a QA1 tubular kmember for 96-04 at a good price but was told by QA1 that I cannot use my stock fox control arms because caster and camber will me all messed up and I will have to do alot of cutting. Is this true or a sales pitch and I can bolt them right up?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
K-member brands are all a bit different. If the QA1 uses the stock Ford geometry, then your fox geometry will be fine with CC plates. Some of the tubular k-members are not set up for stock control arms. You may have to trim the rolled edge at the ball joint end of the arms and add a piece of flat strap underneath to make up for the loss in rigidity.

419forest

buy the appropriate k member for the swap. dont guess by adapting something else to fit. suspension quality and alignment are too important,

419forest

If you have the money, go with AJE. I installed them on my 03 swap, and the quality and installation went well.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
AJE is an absolutely excellent brand choice and have the added benefit of being a site sponsor. I have used their control arms, the ones that allow you to use conventional springs and struts. They offer a good bang for the buck and much better engineering than UPR or QA1 (at least for street and autocross use).

419forest

I have had both QA1 and AJE. The AJE is made with heavier components and takes into consideration for the owner that wants maximum space around engine components when working on them as part of a repair or installation.

A pic of my installed AJE k member and control arms are below:

k_memberAJE.JPG

VNMSGT

Got a little more work done today. Little by little. I got the Kmember off of a 97 Cobra up under the car with the Hydraboost attach but not bolted up yet. Still have get the kmember bolted up as the shock are holding it up now.

VNMSGT

Finally got around to getting some of the K-member bolted up so I can get it back on its wheels to roll. I still need to put my fox control arms on it and was wondering if I wanted to replace the ball joints, do I get joints for a 97 Cobra since thats the knuckle and brakes I am using from the Cobra.