• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

96 2v swap into 93 hatch

86foxmod16

Hi i new to the whole mod swap and need to find out what all i need to take off the 96 gt doner car. I know i need k member, rack, hydroboost with block, fuel lines and tank, computer and harness, engine harness, coolant tank, engine. I have the auto transmission but looking to swap to a t45? Which one is better? Am i missing anything? What all do i need to get off car to make swap easy? Thanks alot

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. You are in the right place, so make yourself at home. The short answer for all your questions is that you will need virtually everything off of the 96. Your choice in tranny depends on what you want the car to be able to do and what your preferences are. Both are good. From my perspective relative to making the swap easy: don't change anything on the setup until you get the complete 96 setup into your fox and get it running. The more you change the more complex the swap becomes. If you start with a running donor and put everything exactly where it came off the donor, your fab work and figuring out time and effort will be greatly reduced. You can always modify up later.