• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

96 gt finally got a donor car.

skidoomxz

just wondering what you guys would suggest on the wiring on this thing, splice it in or swap whole dash and harness over? i plan on using the k member and rear end basically all the sn95 suspension will this work ok? I have a 91 notch. also i need more posts so i can look at diagrams i guess lol.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Yes, you can use the entire suspension and drive line. If you like the SN 95 dash, using the complete wiring harness has less headaches than splicing IMO. You can also use the complete fuel system off the donor car, including lines if you like.

skidoomxz

I think im going to try to just splice it togethor and leave the dash. Alldata kind of sucks trying to finding wires or connectors for a fox. Would like to know where you guys have been spliceing in for the gauges. Also where have you guys been sending your pcm to get the emmissions and pats removed?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There are a number of threads on here that show you most of those details.

whiteponygt

I USed Completer 97 Dash And Door Harnesses And SpliceD The Fox Ends Onto It For The Wiring Go On Ebay And Buy The Service Manuels For Both Prolly WillRun U 60 Buck

skidoomxz

If i got a aje k member should i get one for a 96? i planned on using the factory one and front suspensioin but the tubular ones look nice, if i got a aje whcih one should i get and does the factory arms bolt on them i read somewhere that you have to buy the arms also i think?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If you want to put factory control arms on a tubular k-member, you have to clearance the lip behind the bottom of the bushing gusset and box them just in front of the gusset. They will work, but not in factory form. AJE makes an excellent k-member. They are also one of the few manufacturers making a tubular control arm with an OEM lower spring cup, meaning you don't have to convert to coil over to run the tubular suspension.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
If i got a aje k member should i get one for a 96? i planned on using the factory one and front suspensioin but the tubular ones look nice, if i got a aje whcih one should i get and does the factory arms bolt on them i read somewhere that you have to buy the arms also i think?
you get the K-member for your year mustang. Tell AJE what motor you are planning on putting in and they will hook you up with the right k-member..