• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'97 Town Car project

fortee9er

I recently bought a very clean 97 Town Car with a bad engine (badly overheated) . While searching the internet for information on rebuilding the 4.6 I came across the write up on the Teksid block conversion and links to the Modular Head Shop. This got me interested in doing a PI conversion to my build. My question is what are the compatibility issues with the engine wiring harness and the ECU? The articles I have seen do not address this.
Thank You

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You might find this one interesting as well.
http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/community/threads/teksid-2v-tech-article-must-read.821/
In terms of ECU and wiring, if you are doing the 2V/Teksid motor, your existing harness and ECU will work to get it going, then take to a dyno shop and get it tuned. If you are replacing the Lincoln ECU and harness, I like the 99-04 GT box and loom. Be sure to get the dash and body pig tails from the donor car, so you can repin them for the Lincoln.