• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

airbag delete for steering wheel

4whldisc

are any of you guys familiar with the airbag delete kit on the 90's mexican ford rangers, it's a black plastic cover that goes in place of the airbag on the steering wheel because the rangers werent required to have airbags. i dont have the ford part#, and cant find it in my notes. does anyone have the part#? they only say "Ford" on them.

ive seen the ones for the passenger side on e-bay, but they are unobtanium at the moment. gotta wait till the prices drop again.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
why not just replace the entire wheel with a nice grant one? I can't wait to get ride of my 93 wheel.
I have a nice tilt wheel with key if you was closer lol. I would sell it to ya or TRADE ( hint,hint ) but it would probably be high to ship to you :greedy: . Maybe not though.

4whldisc

Well; truth be told, I usually buy mustangs for salvage purposes. I have 3 columns 1 from a 93 fox, two sn95's laying around at the moment both have blown bags. When i pull the 88 fox tilt one out of my car, I will have to unload it also. I must agree, the 90-93 columns weren't ideal, they did not offer tilt due to the airbags which was a bummer. but some of the 90- 93 did offer a 140 mph speedo, which I have sitting in my car, and some of the earlier models ( like 88 model )offered a Ford Motorsport 160 mph speedo, i need to get rid of that also. As you may have noticed, the 90-93 clusters housings are different shape at the bottom right above the column than the earlier ones, they say you can rewire them, but I wasn’t interested in trying.

I don’t have any spare cash to be spending on a really nice steering wheel at the moment, but I really do appreciate the offer on the nice tilt wheel with key. I like to trade more than buying, as it keeps the costs down.

If I find the part# for the airbag delete I will check it to make sure it is still available and post the part # and price in case anybody wants one. They only come in black. It’s probly on a thumb drive.

It’s getting harder to sell stuff on locally or on craigslist, people want to haggle too much, I have 5.0 parts I’ve been unloading, sometimes it’s just better to drill a good size hole in it and sell it for scrap, less stress. People don’t want to pay much for a wiring loom, but the connectors are worth gold dust sometimes.

You may want to sell your nice tilt wheel with key on E-bay; you may get a better price. I’m thinking of trying e-bay myself.

Sometimes shipping FED-X or UPS is cheaper than you expect, that’s one of the problems with e-bay, they sell you an item cheap, and then rape you with the postage.

wow!!this black scrren is wild!!!

Di you get your car starting properly yet???

4whldisc

I found the part#, it is still active and there are 12 left in the Ford inventory.

F67Z-10043B13-AAA

My cost was around $70.00.

It comes in black, or you can paint to match.

not everyone will want one, but the info is there if you want it.