• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

And yet another new guy from TX

vxl3fasst

Hey guys this site looks great and will be my second home now that my 88 GT junkyard save is getting a 2005 3v swap!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. When you get a chance, post up some pics of what your starting with and tell us about what you have planned.

vxl3fasst

shes in rough shape but i saved her from being crushed for 125 bucks plus tow

Attachments

• the fox.jpg
    the fox.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 38

vxl3fasst

Ok Bill thanks, I have this 1988 mustang GT that was bound to die alone in a scrap yard. I couldnt just watch her die so i bought it as a roller and racecar project. After I looked at power, reliability, and ease of diagnostics, I choose to go with what I know and purchase a 05 to 09 3v engine. So now im just reading through the great resources you guys have for help converting to a newer powertrain.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Sounds like you have a great start on things. The 3V is a good choice, with plenty of potential for go fast and look cool. It sounds like a fun project. What part of TX are you in?

vxl3fasst

Oh bill maybe you could answer this if not I'll search it. Will a 2004 stock k member work for this swap, I've seen late model restoration use that setup on a 79 Fairmont just don't know if it will work on a fox mustang?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Yes, the 04 K-member will work perfectly for you 05 3V. There are several good picture sets on here that show what you have to trim, but it is an easy installation and puts everything in the right place. Good choice.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
El paso, its high elevation over here so I'm shooting for 12s
I'm in El Paso for short time longer. I'm busy getting things ready to move, but lets get together for a beer some night. I live on the east side off Montwood near the 375.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
upload_2016-1-11_17-1-42.png
The guy on the right is me. I still look about the same only shorter hair. The other guy is Kenny Brown. I don't do Mustangs professionally anymore, but I'll buy the first round. 12s with that 3V in El Paso is fully doable.

vxl3fasst

Cool man I live close by off 375 at Vista del sol and yeah we could grab a beer I gotta swap an alternator on my 06 tomorrow but after that I'm free

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Sounds good. I will be a Brews on Zaragoza tonight from about 6:30 to about 7:30 or 8. I'll be at the bar with my wife. USBP hoodie on my...Purple one on her.

vxl3fasst

hey bill sorry bud ive had my hands full with a family issue, just an update I picked up a parts car 2002 gt for almost everything but the 3v engine.

Attachments

• my parts car.jpg
    my parts car.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 37

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I understand completely. The 02 will be a perfect parts car. And, you'll have plenty of stuff left over to sell on ebay and recoup some of the cost. I went out to G&N Auto Salvage this weekend to look at the 98 Cobra they have. Most of it is junk. I wanted the rearend, so I drove the 20+ miles out there after talking to the guy. When I got there, the left axle was broken and the housing was damaged. NOT happy that he didn't tell me. He does have a bunch of Mustang stuff, but they are not well organized or cared for.