• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

BBK performance parts

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Love me some BBK parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, seriously I like the CAI kits, pulley kits, and the exhaust, my PO though others may disagree but I like their products quite well.

IornFox

I think I'm going to give them a try. Im going to order the pulley kit and headers next week. I do like how the have a lot of aftermarket parts and I've done some research on them and they seem to be pretty good.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I have only ran BBK headers on 5.0's but I would think they would work great on a 4.6 also.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I can give you an industry perspective, having owned a Mustang performance shop. BBK is a decent brand. They look nice and fit reasonably well. They are never going to be the top or bottom of the line in product. We found that their HP claims were a bit inflated, but the parts still did an acceptable job. Their chrome headers turn blue and add a huge amount of heat to the engine bay, but their ceramic ones hold up pretty well (but not to salt). There is always something that will perform just that little bit better, but for street use they are fine. My personal opinion: if you like the way the look and aren't trying to get that last 10th at the strip or be competitive at Watkins Glen, and if you get a good deal on the parts, go for it.

IornFox

Thanks for the input ponyboy and bill. I ordered a set of bkk ceramic headers the other day and plan to get the pully kit and x pipe at the end of the month. I plan to take it to the track when I'm finished just to see what it can do. but it will be mainly a street daily driver car. I'm waiting to post my build thread when i finish and hopefully you guys like some of the custom things I have going on. Thanks again guys.

89DirtCoupe

I've actually had the chance to tour BBK's facility in CA (The company I work for supplies their bending dies). Everything looked to be top notch and they put a lot of research into the parts. I've had multilple BBK CAI's, BBK Headers, and Mid-Pipes. No complaints here.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I've been through the Temecula facility in SoCal (very clean when I was there). There stuff has come along ways in the last 10 years. I visited with them at SEMA a few of years ago, but couldn't put a deal together. You'll like the ceramics. The x-pipe was a bit raspy for me, but a lot of peeps like them. They fit nicely on a factory car. I haven't tried to use one on a mod swap, but you shouldn't have much trouble. I'm looking forward to the pics.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I have a BBK X-pipe on my car with bassani headers and flowmasters and I love the sound of my car

Speedtospare

I have a BBK X-pipe on my car with bassani headers and flowmasters and I love the sound of my car

Just installed BBK x, 1 3/4 LT's, flowmasters, on my cousins car 2 weeks ago. Same as always. Need to get the MM steering shaft to clear the header.

Pony: Same here. Stock manifold, bbk x-pipe with cats, flowmaster 2 chamber. Been using there products for years with no issues other than steering clearance on the 1 3/4 headers in a fox with a 5L. There no Kooks or stainless works but the like most have said there a great mid point header.

Last edited by a moderator:

IornFox

Your cousins car sounded pretty good. I cant wait to get working on mine again. Once this freaking cold weather breaks im going to hit it hard. That definitely gave me some motivation lol.

Speedtospare

Motivation? How about a stock Aviator motor with a eaton swap @ 9 psi pulled the front wheels (only about an inch) on a 1.5 60 ft launch on 17" 275 drag radials this summer. I am loving my swap. Everything is stock, no power shifting, meet emissions (all equipment) and it run's 11.50's. 24 MPG with 4.0 gears. Get-r-done!

sacabuche

May be late, but only problem I've had was with an X-pipe mounting flange was so thin that it started cracking and causing exhaust leak.