• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Big Time Newb

Ben

Donator
Hew everyone! I'll be using this site heartily with my upcoming swap. This will be my first mustang, and its going to be a 4v swap car. I have the fox as well as the donor car ready to go. Can't wait to get started and can wait for all the expert advice!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Ben, welcome to MFM. It sounds like you've already done the hardest part and decided what you want. Tell us about your swap, you fox, your donor, and yourself of course. Make yourself at home and start a build thread. This I a great place to post your pictures and ask your questions.

Ben

Donator
Thank you guys! Well, about myself, I grew up more in the import scene. I honestly somewhat happened upon the coupe. The last car that I built was an 89 Toyota Supra with a 2jzgte swap. It was a fun little car, put down about 450hp to the wheels. After that car I was without a project. My buddy is a mechanic and was thinking about building a fox coupe with a 4v swap. He ended up getting an 01 convertible chassis and another 4v setup, and decided to build that one. So for about $3000 I have a couple already stripped down, 5 lug swapped, 3.73 gears, and a 4v setup still in the wrecked shell. Not a bad start to build off of. The coupe is nice and straight, needs paint, but have everything to put it back together. I'll be lurking around here asking plenty of questions I'm sure since mustangs are pretty new to me. I will most definitely start a build thread and detail it as best that I can. There is a lot of work to do putting the car back together, so I'll try to take as may pictures as I can. Any pointers from the start would be well appreciated. Look forward to the build!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The coupe sounds like a great place to start. What is the donor car?

Ben

Donator
It's either a 97 or 98 SVT Cobra. Can't remember off the top of my head. I haven't really started to play with it yet.

Ben

Donator
Its a 97, and I'm getting more and more excited. Just have to decide on how slow and detail I want to be, of If I want to get it together to drive this summer and then tear it back down over the winter again.