• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

coyote in a fox

Wv mailman

Just wondering if anyone has a break down list of parts, that I would need for a coyote swap. I really would like to do this swap but I would like to know what I am gettin in to. And, to see about how much money is going to be involved.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Well if you have money to toss in the wind like these guys you can buy the best of everything and it run up 20 grand, but im sure if a man wanted to take his time he could atleast cut it in half and maybe even do a little better than that. But here is a link to the guys with a acre of money tree's in the back yard to pick clean LOL.
http://www.hotrod.com/feature_stories/hrdp_1306_ford_coyote_engine_swap_guide/viewall.html
Just figure it this way the motor and tranny is the grunt of the whole cost, if you plan on doing it yourself a man could save a lot money I believe.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
A donor car brings the price down a bit. There is a guy here in the local Mustang club that built on from a wrecked 2013. He sold a bunch of stuff on ebay off the donor to help finance the project. He did a hack job putting it together, but he tells everyone he has under $10K in it.

427fairlane

I was reading on that new NMCA Coyote Stock class and if I remember right the motors they have to use is a little over$7000. Looks like a really fun class, cost wise very cheap compared to other race engines.