• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Earth moving decision of cataclysmic proportions

Speedtospare

Car's running great and I have been loving it all summer. Problem is that 302 WHP and 302 TQ is slow as hell. Car only has a mid 12's in it NA, thus it shall be boosted. I have a Vortech JT , 8 rib conversion, power pipe, meth, etc all sitting right here ready to install. A fellow member in the club is selling a full 03 cobra Eaton swap that includes everything down to the last bolt. The Vortech easily trumps the Eaton in the power department nut the eaton will give me the down low. Car has 4.10's so it will get into big power territory very quickly. He wants 2500 for the swap. The JT head unit is worth 3400 new, but I'm considering selling it and buying the eaton.

Which one would you put in and why?

Svt Fox

Staff member
I'd go the way of a 76mm but since that isn't an option, I'd choose the Heaton because it gives you everything else. If you want more power, all you have to do is upgrade the supercharger to a KB or a Whipple! :)

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Buy the Eaton sell the vortech and take the rest of the money and put it in your pocket. Plus the sound of a twin screw cant be beat lol.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Wont be any money left after the sale. Vortech not selling too quick even at 2500.00 asking price

I think that may be because most people leap frog that unit and go straight to a YS or a YSI.

Be patient, I'm sure you'll move it.

Speedtospare

My friends modfox has the YSi and he regrets selling his JT. Its a good blower but you really have to spin it hard. He shifts at 8200. The YSI is a dog below 5K, and hellish above

Svt Fox

Staff member
My friends modfox has the YSi and he regrets selling his JT. Its a good blower but you really have to spin it hard. He shifts at 8200. The YSI is a dog below 5K, and hellish above

Everyone I know personally that has stayed with the vortech has leaped frogged from an S trim to a YS or YSi. The JT are not junk by any means.

Speedtospare

Everyone I know personally that has stayed with the vortech has leaped frogged from an S trim to a YS or YSi. The JT are not junk by any means.

Agreed. If it doesn't sell by January its going on the car with the meth kit and 50mm Tial Bypass. Lots of interest but people want it for free. Todays offer was trade a 96 cube van for it (sigh)