• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Eaton swap modfox at the track day 2

Speedtospare

Sorry no video this time as I went solo. I only managed to get the car to hook once and it went 11.54@122. I had a 1.6 60ft. We rented the track for the day and track prep was crap. Hoping to get it into the 10's by the end of the season.

Spdjunky

I've got 2 mach intakes.
My plans were to build two cobra/mach engines. 1 na and 1 boosted.
One is planned to go in my fox and another in a 69 fastback.

I'll boost the na one if its cheap enough and have one turbo and one supercharged.

I might be picking up an 03 car, so that may change a few things though....

Svt Fox

Staff member
Sorry no video this time as I went solo. I only managed to get the car to hook once and it went 11.54@122. I had a 1.6 60ft. We rented the track for the day and track prep was crap. Hoping to get it into the 10's by the end of the season.

Something doesn't seem right here. Either you mistyped your 60' or your are 60' well and driving like a grandpa. With that mph, you should be low 11's high 10's.

Speedtospare

2nd time at the track, suspension is till being sorted out, 17" drag radial, 1.6 sixty food is good for a 440 hp car. 11.5 is pretty good thus far. This is a street car, no cage, full interior. 17" rims and tires, stereo, has a stock K-member, no bigs and skinnies. 17" 245/45/17 weight the front end of the car down. If you talking a 2700 lbs stripped down race car, then year it should have gone quicker. Keep in mind the tranny still has a stock imput shaft so no 6000 RPM launches until i move to 15" slicks. I wasn't power shift the car either. No point in breaking it right away.

Svt Fox

Staff member
2nd time at the track, suspension is till being sorted out, 17" drag radial, 1.6 sixty food is good for a 440 hp car. 11.5 is pretty good thus far. This is a street car, no cage, full interior. 17" rims and tires, stereo, has a stock K-member, no bigs and skinnies. 17" 245/45/17 weight the front end of the car down. If you talking a 2700 lbs stripped down race car, then year it should have gone quicker. Keep in mind the tranny still has a stock imput shaft so no 6000 RPM launches until i move to 15" slicks. I wasn't power shift the car either. No point in breaking it right away.

What I am saying is, with that 60', including everything you listed above, it still should have went low 11's or high 10's.

A member here has a car making the same power, same weight, in a t-top hatchback car, with working A/C... He went 10.7 @ 125 on 10-hole wheels and a 235/60/15 tire, through a 4r70w.

Speedtospare

Sounds like a completely different setup to my car, hatch/coupe, auto/6 speed, 15"/17". No mention of motor or suspension setup. Is the car caged? NHRA says cage after 11.49. I've only had 4 decent traction passes down the track. Biggest issue is the 17" drag radials. They hook on a well prepped track but they shock the suspension as opposed to a cushion launch on the slick. Being a manual car I really need a slick, but the drag radials are so nice on the street. Put me on a bias ply slick that hooks decent, let me launch at 6K, power shift, and the car will go high 10's. I drive this car to the track and home, no trailer, 92 octane pump gas, nothing removed from the except the spare tire and jack. I break the car and its towed home.

Remember I have a hyper pistons, cast crank and powdered GT rods. Those rods wont take the abuse needed to get into the 10's. I would rather be driving it than fixing it.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Sounds like a completely different setup to my car, hatch/coupe, auto/6 speed, 15"/17". No mention of motor or suspension setup. Is the car caged? NHRA says cage after 11.49. I've only had 4 decent traction passes down the track. Biggest issue is the 17" drag radials. They hook on a well prepped track but they shock the suspension as opposed to a cushion launch on the slick. Being a manual car I really need a slick, but the drag radials are so nice on the street. Put me on a bias ply slick that hooks decent, let me launch at 6K, power shift, and the car will go high 10's. I drive this car to the track and home, no trailer, 92 octane pump gas, nothing removed from the except the spare tire and jack. I break the car and its towed home.

Remember I have a hyper pistons, cast crank and powdered GT rods. Those rods wont take the abuse needed to get into the 10's. I would rather be driving it than fixing it.

No cage. Stockish suspension (kmember, Coilovers, a-arms) on a 7" drag radial (M/T)

Stock 302 block, rods, pistons, F cam, system intake, Edelbrock performer heads, shorty headers, summit x-pipe, dynomax mufflers, dumps, 3.27 geared 8.8, stock 4 lug brakes.

It prob makes mid 400hp to the tire. With an S-trim on the mildest pulley setup possible, on pump gas.

I am not ripping on your car if you got that impression, that is not what I am trying to say.

What I am saying is, your 60', mph, and dyno numbers don't make sense compared to your ET.

With mid 11's at 120mph+, at 440+rwhp, you'd think your sixty foot was in the 2.2-2.0 range with your ET's being in the mid-high 11's.

Speedtospare

I agree, there's more to be had. Dunno what to say. All the mach 1 guys are running 11:50s with the same eaton swap leaving at 6K. I'm about 200 lbs lighter so I should see an 11:30. My front suspension isn't raising like it should. Maybe that will help when I get that sorted out.

Spdjunky

For what it's worth I agree that you should be getting more. I use to drive my fox to the track, swap on a set of quick time pros, race, swap back and drive home.

While I commend you for wanting to keep a reliable daily driver, if you are going to the stip, what really is your goal? Have fun (that can be had with a minivan ha ha), or see what it'll do?

I'm confused as I would never go to a strip without the thought of giving everything I could throw at it. As long as your having fun though, thats all that really matters :)

Speedtospare

SVTFox - 669 ft above sea level. Car weighs about 3340 with driver.

Spdjunky - Not my daily driver. I have a 2010 silverado, 2011 Ford F150, 08 civic, 06 CBR 1000RR to choose from. I'm not sure a minivan qualifies as fun at the track, lol I would die of boredom. The 11.50's are fun but not really fast IMO. I go to the strip to see what it will do. I'm not there to race competitively. Last day was just a club event and traction was terrible.

Plain and simple, the car will break if I go all out. This means I will have to spend another summer without a car. Last summer I launched the car and shattered the axles. 2k later, its back and running. I lost a month of drive time because of the broken parts. We only get 4 months of good driving weather here a year. If I go any quicker I get red carded until they see a cage.

I'm enjoying the car. I built a custom dash piece that moves the HVAC to the bottom and allows me to run a double din deck. I will be mounting a android based 7" tablet (probably samsung) in behind. I can then run a program called torque to monitor other engine info. I will make a separate thread.

Svt Fox

Staff member

New time. 11.26@121.8. The cars starting to leave decent now. I think my new centerforce clutch throw out bearing is going. Ticks not bad yet, but still annoying

Such a small part... Such a pain in the ass to change!

4r70w this winter :) ?

Congrats on a new best! Low 11's is pretty legit!