• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

front A-arm questions

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
i think they are wider but not a 100% sure. I used the fox a arms on a 96 up k member and i can tell im going to need to get a alighnment

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
With the wheels out further it will make the car handle better, however you may have to trim the front fender well, and perhaps roll your fenders. If you stay with the SN95 arms up front, you may also want to run SN95 rear axles as well. (It just looks weird with a fox track width in the back, and SN95 up front)

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Jonathan, here is a link to your front control arms: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=393
With the MM Kmember, they move your tire/wheel combo forward 3/4", and relative to the Fox chassis' stock track width, they move it out 3/4" per side. There are plenty of wheel/tire combinations out there that will let you do anything you want to do with it. I do recommend using the later model fenders that were designed for 16" wheels. The opening is larger forward of the center line and will give you that added space you're going to want. If you're going to drag it with 205s or 215s on the front, it won't make any difference at all. If you plan to open track or autocross it, 275s may make you roll the finder lip, which isn't difficult with the right tools and a bit of patience. 275s are a lot of rubber up front. If you're looking bigger than that for the front, you're getting into the realm of the wide-bodies. Are the wheels off the Cobra still round?

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
I have 285 in the rear an 255 up front w/ 17" wheels. Fox track and no fender rolls on my 89

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I have 285 in the rear an 255 up front w/ 17" wheels. Fox track and no fender rolls on my 89
Your sig says "grip box equiped". If it is the full Maximum Grip Box, he has the same basic suspension you have. The 255/285 is a nice streetable combination.

Mustangnaki

I put 245/40/17 up front so it doesnt touch the fenders. In the rear I put 295/40/17 That gives it a mean look. This combo worked great in my Mustang.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I haven't seen this thread in a while. Jonathan's parts, including tires, wheels, etc., were recycles from a previous project before he went to Korea. Back in the day, I owned a Atlantic Coast Mustang and sold him a complete MM suspension front and rear for a 98 Cobra he was retrofitting with parts from a Termi he put into a wall. The termi had UPR front end stuff that broke under full throttle. Sudden right turns are hard on a 700+ hp car that is in the right lane. I set him up with the torque arm/pan hard bar rear and the termi-hellion K-member and offset control arm front. He is in the process of putting it all in a Fox now, but has a new wife and family, so I don't expect it to get finished any time soon. He is planning (last I heard) on switching to autocross/open track, which is what led to the wheel tire conversation. 295s are a pretty tight fit, but with the right combo are really manageable. Your 245s up front should give you some nice grip and reasonably predictable steering and braking if you autocross. I don't sell parts anymore, but I'm happy to offer my experience where it is worth while.