• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fuel Rail Question

Brad

I was wanting to use my 1995 mark 8 intake. What aftermarket fuel rails fit. I can't find any info on it. And also what injectors fit this intake? Plan on about 700 hp.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I was wanting to use my 1995 mark 8 intake. What aftermarket fuel rails fit. I can't find any info on it. And also what injectors fit this intake? Plan on about 700 hp.

Ditch it. Get a Cobra intake. Don't look back.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Use a 97 or 98 mark VIII its as close to the cobra as it gets. I think you could use rails for any cobra with the this intake not 100% but check into it. Cobra intake will run about 300 bucks or so. The 95 intake will require either cutting and sheet metal work to the firewall or alot of heating and bending to get it to fit, better off to get newer style intake, in my opinion.

Svt Fox

Staff member
If I can get one cheap enough. Thanks buddy.

It's not a bad intake if you want to get the car running n/a at first to sort the bugs out... When you are ready to get as much power as you can with boost using a stock intake, step up to the cobra intake.

The cost of converting can run between 500-900 depending on how much you spend on the parts. I'll break mine down to you, for an example/reference.

Intake (upper and lower) - $390
Cobra fuel rails - $165
Throttle body - $55
Throttle body cable - $150
IMRC's - $170
03/04 Cobra intake tube - $40

I literally bought the parts in that order. That is the cost of the parts including shipping. Some of the parts I scored were new (old) OEM leftovers. They were a little more pricey.

If you're not in a hurry, bide your time over the winter and have your cash ready so you are Johnny on the spot for the deals!