• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello everyone

IornFox

Im in the process of doing a mod swap on my 89 mustang lx. My donor car is a 2004 mustang gt. Ive been searching for threads on how to modify a stock 4.6 k-member but can seem to find one. If someone could point me to a thread or explain how its done I would appreciate it. Also have been looking at the AJE k-member and was wondering if I could use all of the stock 04 parts with just the k-member?

On a side note ive seen a lot of awesome swaps on here and i hope to have my done by spring. Hopefully everyone is having a good turkey day and look forward to hearing from you guys.

FuturaGuy

Staff member
I haven't done it myself but have read in various places on this board that the 4 bolt holes at the rear of the k-member have to be elongated to fit the Fox body. It's been done before so anyone who has actually done it please chime in and give us all the details.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
You just have to make the holes longer on the K-member where it bolt to the sub frame rail at the bottom of the firewall. The two big bolts on each side behind the struts are good to go no need to modify. Not real hard to do. Hope this helps and welcome to the site, enjoy!!!!!!!!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. You may have to trim the edge of the k-member as well (I did). Do a test fit and you'll see what you need to do. It does make a nice install.

IornFox

Thanks for the info guys. I'm pulling the k-member out of my donor tomorrow and will elongate the holes and do a test fit. If it dosent workout with my donor car I'm just going to order the AJE k-member.

Do you have to do some kind of alignment when installing a k-Member? If so what have you guys used to do the alignment?

IornFox

I have to agree he did a really good job on that build. Thats exactly what I was looking for on a good build write up. I must of over looked it. Thanks again for all the help.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
There is a lot of do and don'ts in my thread LOL. But it was the cheapest way I had to do it, it worked so I went with it.