• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello everyone!

Fastertbird

Hello everyone! New to this board and I am hoping to find some good info here. I own a 1986 Ford Thunderbird and it is currently a Twin Turbo 5.0 but am looking to switch to a 5.4 mod engine so I can make some more horsepower. I am currently sitting at about 550 hp with a stock Windsor block so my choices were a aftermarket dart block or a 5.4 mod engine so I plan to go with the 5.4 mod engine. Here is a youtube video if your interested.

bc474

Donator
Sweet t-bird! Welcome to the site. I am a new guy myself but these dudes seem very knowledgeable from what I have been reading.

Fastertbird

I have not started the 5.4 swap yet but I am starting to gather parts and knowledge so that that everything goes smooth when I finally take the 5.0 out.

Last edited:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the party. You are clearly in the right place. Your bird is already beautiful and will be quite impressive with a modular engine under the hood. Do you plan to keep the twins?

hipoman

As a newbie also i can say u came to the right place. Lots of people with the knowledge u r seeking. Can't wait to c ur build.