• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello from the Hoosier state!

I'm as green as can be with modular power. I can tell you what some of the different factory ratings were, the Teksid block is a great foundation, 03/04 internals are pretty good and that's about it.

I was introduced to modular power via a friend of mine who will probably forget more about these things than I'll ever learn. Then I had an opportunity to ride in another friend's near 700 hp 03 Cobra, and it is extremely impressive. That's more what I am looking for, over the stripped, Windsor/C4 equipped 86 LX Hatch that I've owned since high school. I really want a fun car that I can throw my family in, drive anywhere and even rip off some impressive ETs.

I have spent a lot of time reading the post about the 91 coupe with the 97 Cobra transplant. This build has been very influential and helped boost my determination to make this happen.

I'll end the rambling and say thank you to those who have shared information and those that will continue to share. I'm looking forward to this adventure. Hopefully I can help someone else with this.

Thank you all for your time and help!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Zach, welcome to the party. There is a lot of basic information about modular engines in the tech sections. They will tell you almost all you want to know about components, so dig in and make yourself at home.

I used 98 cobra donor with t56 and procharger.. . Got lucky with my donor find 3400. For a vert not wrecked. Amazing easy starts and comfortable on highway or traffic. The car is a beast when cones into boost only have 3.73 gears. But easily spins 275/60-15 Hoosier drag radial. Very impressive old pushrod wished for that mid range. Good luck with your project.