• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello my name is Bill I have a problem.

This is how it is supposed to go right? Acceptance
My mustang problem is an 84 coupe that started life as 4cyl auto. I've had this particular fox for 8 plus years. Have even sold it and bought it back (would have been cheaper to burn the money).
1st round was 5.0 and T5 out of another 84 fun but not enough. Painted car and sold.
2nd round bought it back gu y had it and was driving to far wanted v6 (really). I promptly built a 347 and put small powedyne with c4.
3rd round was strip car and have 12pt custom cage put in 9 months later finally get car back. Whent with ebay turbo kit. Made in china what more to say. Turbo too small and blow through carb.
Car ran ok but was problem after problem. Played with n2o also claimed a motor at spring break shootout couple of years ago.
I decided to move into this century.
I found a 98 yellow cobra convertible on craigslist no pick with procharger and viper spec t56 needs clutch $3900.
Of course no# emailed for a week. Finally get to see car as described and more but was half wraped in orange@#!. Ended up scoring car for 3400.
I unfortunately am I'm patient and haven't learned to take my time. I dieted the harness from cobra without a diagram. What hell but only cut out neutral safty circut out. Spent probably 20-30hrs on harness alone. It is in car and runs now. Still have to wire lites and reinstall dash keeping original column also. Modified pedals using sn pedals and fox mount. Have sold 800 worth of parts of cobra intend to install breaks also but then need new front wheels to cleer them. So waiting on that.
This site has had a lot of good and accurate information unlike other forums that apear to be people who pay for work to be done and degrade other and also put out info that is completely false.
I have done all my swap work myself over the course of 6weeks of nights and week ends between family commitments. Will post picks when I'm allowed.
AWESOME SITE. THANKS ALL.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Bill...welcome to the party. We feel your pain :) The 98 for 3400 was a good score. Wiring gives a lot of people fits, particularly if they aren't comfortable with it. You will occasionally find some incorrect information on here as well, but someone usually calls BS on something that is clearly wrong. If you find something that is wrong, if you have a better or even just different way of doing something, post it up. We are always open to a different way that might be better for someone than what we already know.

Bill, thanks for allowing to feel like I won't be alone. I've got an 86 LX Hatch that started life as a 4 cyl car then lost some weight for the sake of simplicity and ETs. I'm hoping to use information from guys like yourself who seem to be doing what I'd like to.

Thank you, Good Luck and keep the information coming!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
My last build was an 85 vert. The current one is an 86 Vert. the 85/86 are my favorite years. You'll do fine.

takdashark

Donator
I'm sorry guys, but I can't stress how happy I am to know that there's so many other people eating to pull their hair out at times like I do.

Bill4v you have stumbled onto a good resource here. Best of luck bud! I promise you it'll be worth it when it's done!

Well after chasing my tail tring to figure out why not charging for couple of hrs found never tightened bolt on conector on dr side foot well (duh). Spliced in rear harness at driver rear quater panel. Worked well ran wire to front to run brake lights off third brake light so they work like a fox should. Took car for drive today and am extremely impressed with the power band of this set up!!! Car pulls amazingly well!