• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Help with 01 cobra to SC 04 cobra

cobracrazy01

I'm trying to get a list together to convert my 01 cobra to a supercharged 04, but buying all of the bolt ons to swap it over, not doing a complete swap, just doing an engine build. i know i need the charger, intake, intercooler, timing cover, alt. and brackets, cooler tank.... i need your help guys! thanks a lot!

joey

SVTCAPRI

cobracrazy01 said:
I'm trying to get a list together to convert my 01 cobra to a supercharged 04, but buying all of the bolt ons to swap it over, not doing a complete swap, just doing an engine build. i know i need the charger, intake, intercooler, timing cover, alt. and brackets, cooler tank.... i need your help guys! thanks a lot!
joey
Sounds like you got a good idea of what to do. A couple of tips for you...
Try to get timing cover bolts from s/c cobra. Some of them are different when it comes to mounting the pulley bridge and p/s and alternator brackets. Your going to have one bolt that wont go in down on driver side of water pump, just silicone it up. Also buy a 03 cobra p/s line for down at the pump. Otherwise you gotta bend the hell outta the original. You'll need a cobra p/s return hose to the reservoir too. Youll need to extend your tps connector just a little reach on the s/c set up. You''ll also have to take your IAT wires out of you MAF and send them over to where the IAT2 sensor would be on s/c.You can get away with just reading post blower temp. Buy yourself some used 01 and 03 Cobra wiring manuals from Ebay and save yourself some grief! Oh- if you have knock sensors youll have to grind the bosses off on the block to get the lower intake on. Hope this helped!

SVTCAPRI

I could also email you a pdf file of an 03-04 cobra timing cover from my DVD manual. It has all the bolt sizes, torque specs, pics, and all. Just let me know.

modularf

SVTCAPRI said:
I could also email you a pdf file of R&R of an 03-04 cobra timing cover from my DVD manual. It has all the bolt sizes, torque specs, pics, and all. Just let me know.

Can you post it up for others.. Thanks

cobracrazy01

dude that would be awesome if i could get that list, it would really help out. i've been so busy callin and talking to shops and other guys but i'm still missing some stuff. But it's coming along GREAT! thanks for the help!