• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hey guys, new here

Derek2626

Great website, lot of smart people in here....here's my question to you guys...can I swap my 94 gt 5.0 engine, bellhousing, tranny, driveshaft and rear end into my 93 notchback without any issues? Going to swap wiring harness, interior and dash also. Thanks

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Derek. Welcome to the party. Your swap is a bit different than what most are doing here, but should be fun. The 94 5 liter will be a nice upgrade and the donor car will have (almost) all the small parts you need.

Derek2626

Hi Derek. Welcome to the party. Your swap is a bit different than what most are doing here, but should be fun. The 94 5 liter will be a nice upgrade and the donor car will have (almost) all the small parts you need.
Yeah, I bought the 94 gt from my cousin for a couple hundred bucks, has 59k on it, sat for a few years in this New England weather and the strut towers got destroyed, was gonna repair it but found it to be too bad, found a 93 notch shell, no rust at all, and figured the low mileage engine and tranny would be a good swap for it if it would work along with interior and dash.....wish I had the knowledge/time/money to do some of
The swaps on here...real nice work on these projects on here

Aaron Dixon

Hey Derek, yes you can swap the drive train over. As long as you keep the tranny and motor together. Motors are pretty much the same. Top end and front assesories are different. Rear end will stick out on each side cuz the axles are longer. The rear end housing is the same just the axles are longer. And last the tranny, yes it is a t-5, however the input shaft is longer. But if you keep the motor and tranny from the 94-95 together you will be fine.

Hope that helps.

Derek2626

Any info on installing the 94 steering shaft support bearing into the foxbody firewall? Does it have to be done?
Thanks again guys!

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
If your planning on running the SN95 dash, you will need to use the bearing setup from the donor car.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There are several builds on here that will show you great pictures of how others have done it.