• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just curious ?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
What is every one doing for front sway bar, running one or ditching it. I'm curious i have a SN95 one but it will not work without a fab job. Thoughts please.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
What will you have to fab? It has been my experience that Fox body roll on the street is horrible without one. Works great at the drag strip, where you need to transfer weight faster, but if you were doing much driving on the street, I would think it would be desirable. There are a lot of salvage yard options if you're looking for a cheap one.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
the factory fox sway bar mounts on the sub-frame rail are to wide for the SN95 sway bar. i seen on corral were a guy fabbed up new mounts and dropped them like two inches, then just ordered shorter end links

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
thats exactly what i seen the guy on corral do. Is this your car if so what sway bar is SN95 or fox.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I would like to see a pic of the top down through the frame rail if you have on speedtospare. This is how i will do mine eventually when i remove the engine for paint and body. thanks again for the pics

Speedtospare

Sorry; those were e-mailed to me. One of the many things on my list. I want to use the existing mount holes when I make mine. No way in hell am I drilling my frame rails

The sway bar is a SN95 but the ends were bent slightly to make them line up. You can see where they were bent.

IornFox

I know his is a somewhat older post but the images arnt viewable anymore. I ran into this today when installing my 04 gt k-member. The sn95 sway bar is way off lol. Are you guys using foxbody style sway bars?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I tried the same thing with using the Sn95 bar and mounts wouldn't work so another member suggested to use the fox bar with sn95 mounts worked like a champ.

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
I never ran one on my car and it cornered good...but I had coil overs in the front

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I ended up running my fox sway bar with the SN95 sway bar mounts and it worked like a champ. Thanks Svt fox for the suggestion.

Speedtospare

Great. I assume your alt is in the top middle of your engine? Not so Lucky for us people with the alt in the cobra location.

Speedtospare

4V Cobra motor alternators are located to the bottom drivers side and they hit the sway bar mount. I cut mine out to make it fit.