• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

K member question

419forest

I just installed an 03 Cobra engine and transmission in my 93 lx. You will need a transmission cross member, K-member, A control arms and engine mounts (included in AJE kit). I cannot remember the part numbers, but I purchased them from an AJE Vendor. His name is Tim, 931-639-6390. I worked with Tim and he got me exactly what I needed to make my installation a success.

Installation pics are installed on my thread. Good luck, Craig

Bill

Staff member
Donator
AJE is an excellent choice. Besides offering a great k-member (and being a site sponsor), they offer a control arm option that allows you to use conventional springs as opposed to coil overs.

IornFox

Hi im new to this site and im in the process of doing a 89 lx mod swap. Ive been looking into the AJE k - member and I was wondering if I could use all the stock parts off my 04 gt donor car with just the K - member?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I've never tried to use stock control arms with the AJE k-member, but I have done it with a couple of other brands. With D&D and MM you have to clearance the back of the control arm, meaning you have to cut the lip off so that the arm can have full travel. Although I've gotten away with not boxing them, I do recommend you box the control arm with a piece of flat strap to make up for the rigidity removed by clearancing.