• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

loss of fuel pressure...on my modfox

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
yesterday i swapped out the fuel sending unit on my 98 cobra gas tank everything fired up good finally got 2 see how much gas i had in my tank. this morning left to go 2 work and i started to lose pressure to the point were the car died . i changed the filter cleaned the pump and strainers real good and still lost pressure. got a pressure tester from autozone and was getting 20 or less pressure and nothing when i turn the key to on. i swapped out the pump for another i had got about 30 while in idle maybe 4 with the key on. i think its my regular thats malfuctioning but not sure i dont know wat i can do or how to trouble shoot it...

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Do you have a inline fuel gauge near the motor? Should'nt be that hard to trouble shoot.. It just your pump to the pcm and fuel pump relay...

you said your changed out your fuel sending unit? Did you crimp the wires or solder them? If you just put crimps on they may have gotten lose...

98fuel1.gif
98fuel2.gif

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
When i changed the unit all i did was just swap fuel pumps... but i did connect the wires at the connector on the body not the tank