• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Martura?

Rick

Hey guys, posting this to get my count up, and to offer another project.

20150208_165444.jpeg

The Mark is in the background. I still have to make sure it runs.
Long story short I got such a good deal on the Lincoln, I bought it with no title and no keys.
It had been very well taken care of according to, every single receipt for anything and everything done to the car. It sat in a garage for sometime after the owner died and the bank took the house back.
The gentleman I purchased the car from bought the house and contents from the bank so he could flip the house. He just wanted it gone. He needed the garage to store the new kitchen cabinets. So I scored the car and some good garage cabinets at the same time.
The car was last on the road in 2010 according to the tags. But according to the oil change records, it saw almost no use after 2004, with only about 15k miles added between 04 & 10.

The Futura came from Arizona, by way of Nebraska. She is very solid, but the interior was completely cooked. The dash pad was a model of the Grand Canyon, and the once red carpet, was Sun baked orange.
Don't get me started on the wire hub caps.

As the weather gets warm and as my post count climbs, and provided the thing will run. I plan to up date the project.

I tried to post more pics, but computers always plot against me. It's a conspiracy, I'm pretty sure.

Rick

Rick

Here is the latest.

I got the Mark to run, but not able shift from park yet. I made a video, but it keeps saying the file is too big to send.
Anyway, the engine does hunt alittle when she is first started, but evens out after a minute.

TPS I think. Anyone know how to trick the tumbler into unlocking the shifter?

After I get the codes straightened out I will just cut the car from around the engine I think.

I don't have a title so this seems like the easiest/fun way to do it.

Rick

Ok, here's the latest.

The Mark is running and driving. Engine runs strong, trans shifts smooth.

Still does a small amount of hunting when it is first s started, but it runs too storng to be serious.

The alarm is a serious PIA. Once I got that by passed things have gone pretty smooth.

Going to start disassembly next week end.

I'll post pics of the progress.

Rick

It worked! I might figure this interhighway thing it yet. This I the video I tried to upload earlier.

Last edited:

Rick

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long delay. I had to put the project aside till the rain stopped.

I have the wiring harness pulled, and th motor almost ready to pull. What are you guys using for a lifting point on the backside of the engine?

And will it support the engine and the trans? Or should I pull them separately? I really don't think my hoist will handle lifting the front of the car, and I know the legs would be in the way. So dropping doesn't seem an easier route to me.