• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Maxim Motorsports K Member and Engine Mounts Q

Hi Everyone,

Got a 1989 Fox Hatchback that I am doing the 1995 4.6 4V conversion in.

The car currently has a Maximum Motorsports K member ( pn MMKM-1 ) in it for the Fox body, and the matching control arms.

What is the difference in engine mount locations between the 5.0 and the 4.6 4V? While I have the engine out, I would like to get the engine mounts set up if possible. I figured that someone whom has done this before can tell me all about it ;)

I'd love to keep that Maximum Motorsports K member too.

Let me know,

Adam

Svt Fox

Staff member
Hi Everyone,

Got a 1989 Fox Hatchback that I am doing the 1995 4.6 4V conversion in.

The car currently has a Maximum Motorsports K member ( pn MMKM-1 ) in it for the Fox body, and the matching control arms.

What is the difference in engine mount locations between the 5.0 and the 4.6 4V? While I have the engine out, I would like to get the engine mounts set up if possible. I figured that someone whom has done this before can tell me all about it ;)

I'd love to keep that Maximum Motorsports K member too.

Let me know,

Adam

You're going to have to fab your own mounts or get a different k member specific to the modular engines.

OK. I don't mind making my own engine mounts...

Has anyone done the home work on the difference between the engine mounting positions between the two engine blocks? This would save some install and removal trial and error.

Adam

Speedtospare

I used a Team-Z k-member. TZ K-member barley leaves room for the the emissions pipes in pipes in the rear.

If you fab your own move is back as far as possible

While they may have a swap K member.... I just bought a house so all of the $$$ went into that. Building a K member adapter is something that I can do. If I recall correctly, the MM K member was something like $650 to begin with.

As long as this can be done with some cutting, welding, drilling and grinding, I don't mind.

Put the engine as far back as possible. OK. I can plan for that.

Adam

Speedtospare

just remember things you need to fit in there like emission's if your running it. Mines about 3/4" off the firewall with the team-z.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If you don't mind running a stock Ford part, you can pick up a New Edge GT k-member cheap and fun it. It's not a bad way to go, and the cost is good.