• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modfox is getting a Eaton Swap

Speedtospare

I picked up a complete Eaton swap for the Modfox today. I have boxes and boxes of of parts. The parts list is huge! I need to order gaskets and 6 bolts to complete the kit. I will be keeping HP to 450 or lower to hopefully protect the Mach 1 bottom end until I can finish the new motor . In addition I currently use the stock fuel lines up to the regulator so that is another limitation. Looking forward to the torque increase.

My stock Mach 1 with a throttlebody setup makes 302 WHP and 302 TQ right now.

Speedtospare

704407_10151333340645470_262006042_o.jpg

Speedtospare

Will do. Waiting on the pigtail for the alternator and the 3.4 pulley to show up. Might be another week before I can dyno it as I will be away on vacation

Speedtospare

So thing are not going as planned. About the typical for this project. Still waiting on the alternator pigtail. Need to order the coolant tube that goes in the valley because mine is an aviator. I need the cobra specific. Missing the bolts from the bridge, water pump pulley is incorrect. I may need a different water pump (have one in case) Trying to get my new valve covers on without pulling the motor has been a freakin nightmare. Its just to tight on the drivers side. I droped the k-member and it still too tight. Coolant crossover has to be modded to accept the temp guage I installed in the previous one.....wish i though of that before I had it powdercoated.

Soooo. its going to be a bit more. I am heading to Varadero next week for vacation. So looks like 2 more weeks then tuning before it hits the streets.

Speedtospare

Running into lots of issues. This isn't the as easy as the Eaton swap the mach guys so. Its going to be another week. Even the damn valve covers are being a PITA.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Yeah the valve covers are a PITA with the motor in I changed mine and scuff the old blue ones all to crap getting them out. Gonna powder coat the new ones when the motor comes back out for engine bay painting. Hopefully you get it lined out soon.

Speedtospare

Ended up dropping the entire K-memeber today to9 get them to go on without scratching. The coolant crossover tube may be getting painted black (because of the modifications) Still working on that piece. Mounted the heat exchanger. Pulley bridge and all the front end of the motor is on. I had to buy a different water pump. I just put a new one on 1500 kms ago. Dropping by Dasilva Racing tomorrow to have them put the 3.4 pulley on the blower. Knock sensor bumps are ground down to clear the lower intake. BTW, sawzall works better than a grinder.

shooting for Saturday running but not tuned.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
" shooting for Saturday running but not tuned."

Mine is still not tuned either but im gonna drive it lol, I have been at to long not to drive.

Speedtospare

be careful if your running bigger injectors. i run 39's and on a base tune it fowled the plugs and cooked a coil.

Speedtospare

553895_10151568870705470_297848128_n.jpg

Mounted the heat exchanger a little higher up. I May have to make something to direct air. I don't want to block the rad too much.

536720_10151568870700470_547308411_n.jpg

Knock sensors removed. There no room behind the damn motor, so tight.

536720_10151568870700470_547308411_n.jpg

Speedtospare

Oh, and this is the fox body Mishimoto race fan with a stock cobra/gt/mach fan. Best electric I have owned thus far.

45664_10151568870710470_1979292837_n.jpg