• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

modified modular harness

88Foxbody

Does anyone have pictures or information when using foxbody plugs on modular harness. I have come to the point where I'm starting to tackle the wiring. Thanks

88Foxbody

Here's some pics of my progress

Attachments

• IMG_20150119_133226.jpg
    IMG_20150119_133226.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20150119_133055.jpg
    IMG_20150119_133055.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20150119_133148.jpg
    IMG_20150119_133148.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 79

whiteponygt

I can tell you all about it. It sucks it's time consuming. There is alot of soldering and heat shrinking. Once you get past that,the only way your going to do your harness this way is break down and order the service manuel from eBay. What yr Fox and sn harness are you using? I put all Fox plugs into a 96 cobra harness. Weekday do you need to know about?

88Foxbody

I have an 88 lx hatchback and donor harness is a 04 cobra. The power mirrirs CIG lighter and ash tray light are one concern also the hatch wiring. I have a DVD from eBay for 99-04 I'm hoping thus will help me. Also door harneases might be a problem since I plan on using the fox stuff. Thanks for the reply.

whiteponygt

Not a problem at all the door harness will need to be switched to 04 the switch panel will screw right into the Fox arm rest I had to make an extension from mirrors on the door to center switch. The rear harness on mine is all 96 cobra i just spliced in my tail lights.

88Foxbody

Thanks again for the info. I went ahead and ordered new door and tail light harnesses today. Going to run the other 3 harness tomorrow, then start deciphering body harness to see which plugs that will need to be spliced.

whiteponygt

I will tell you with the rear defroster u will have to wire in the Fox defrost module and I also had to add relays to get the flashers to work with the switch.

88Foxbody

Very good that's the kind of stuff I was hoping to hear. Nothing worse than thinking your done then something not working. What type of relays did you put in for the flashers/turn signals to work. Did you have to change them out because flasher/ turn signals were to fast?

whiteponygt

I tried everything to get rid of the fast blinker after taking to numerous the people the only thing I've come up with is resistor or wire in an extra bulb.the reason for the relay ,I need to look and double check but on the Fox the brake and tail lights are seperate on the sn the rear brake and turn signals are integrated on the same wire.

88Foxbody

I know the fox has two different flashers one for hazards and one for turn signals. I wonder if this turn signal/flasher would work. Its called a raxiom modified turn signal flasher for 96-04 mustangs. Found it on american muscles website. Now there video says they install it to slow down sequential tail lights, but it replaced factory flasher.

vabeachsand

Hell yea I street Race!
Donator
I have yet to mate the fox body interior wiring harness to my cobra harness. If you leave the fox wiring intact you should be able to run the cobra harness behind the dash in the same area. Just pull out the engine harness and you should be good. I plan on documenting what is needed for those that have already gutted out the fox body dash wiring.

whiteponygt

Idk my cobra harness was tight shoving behind the Fox dash ,I can't imagine shoving two harness back there .that would be a nite mare when it came to tying them together.I had the harness laying out on the ground wiring everything and I still second guessed my self.Unless you mean lay the cobra harness in the same place as the Fox.

Last edited:

88Foxbody

Well I have an update I have dash harness in and ignition headlight and dimmer switch wired to fox plugs. Here's some pics. Dimmer plug is black. Headlight plug is grey

Attachments

• IMG_20150131_123643.jpg
    IMG_20150131_123643.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20150131_123739.jpg
    IMG_20150131_123739.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20150131_123809.jpg
    IMG_20150131_123809.jpg
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20150131_123913.jpg
    IMG_20150131_123913.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54

88Foxbody

just found both hazard and defrost connectors broken for fox. This should be fun to find replacements...