• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

modified modular harness

whiteponygt

Find a four cylinder they are cheap even if it doesn't have the defrost option the plug will still be there. Like I said I had to wire the Fox defrost module in to have it functional.

88Foxbody

Ok plug was not completely destroyed was able to salvage, and also have decided to use the multifunction switch out of the 04. I am having problems trying to wire the time delay module\relay in. Do you remember how you did this? Right now I have spliced wires from switch together, not sure if there right, but was wondering if you replaced the 04 defrost relay with fox time delay\relay? And again thanks for all your help so far. I have read some of your build thread whiteponygt and stole your multifunction switch idea. Who knew it would bolt right up. I have the cover around column from the 04 but might just cut a hole out of the fox one for hazard switch so I can use it. It will match a lot better...

whiteponygt

I considered the same of curing a hole but decided to have all Fox switches working . So I wired up to Fox hazard switch I did wire up the Fox delay not for sure how right off that was a while back I'll be home at 430 I'll look at my wiring and notes see if I can shed some light. I'd love to take credit for the multifunction switch but I came across it on a build from corral,same with the ignition switch bracket .

whiteponygt

I'm sorry I haven't got to go to the garage. Been on my honey to do list. exactly which wiring was you needing again defrost module and something else.I'll try and run out there right quick

whiteponygt

Ok so first set is for a 90 Fox the second set is for a97 cobra but my donor is!96 and they are practically identical.

coryjones

So what are you doing for the heater controls and headlight switch where did you mount the computer and distribution block.

whiteponygt

The heater switchfior the 96-98 will attach into the same mounting holes for 90& up Fox,so I just plugged my harness right in, on it the computer I slid it into the same spot the fox computer was in

coryjones

I am doing a 85 and a 5.4 4v so little different. What did you guys d for a Gage cluster? I am using a 03 cobra vert harness thinking i might be better off using the fox harness and just using the 03 for engine gauges. The 85 has power windows locks and rear defrost.

whiteponygt

I used the 96 harness with fox plug end I went on eBay and bought the electric diagram for both cars. Made life so much easier

rq323

hey guys im new to the forums im currently working on my 03 cobra swap to my 89 mustang i have all the 03 cobra harness but im using my fox dash and steering colum i would like some help i dont know how to wire the ignition or lights im looking through the post but it dont show me pics cause im new to the forums can you help me ? with pics ?and description thanks in advance

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You are almost there. There is a 10 post minimum and you have 7. :)