1. Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dismiss Notice

MT-82 transmission in a coyote swapped fox

Discussion in '???FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS???' started by Will Daly, May 12, 2018.

1. Will Daly

Will Daly Trmn8rfox

Has anyone done this? What did you use for a shifter?! I have called many shops around the country and everyone just tries talking me out of the MT-82 I already own. I am not ready to give up...yet!

Attached Files:

2. Will Daly

Will Daly Trmn8rfox

I have a picture of the original shift location in my ‘89 with the MT-82 trans in place. Towards the left of picture (front of car) you can see the actuator for transmission is almost under the hole. Most short shift kits are going to put the actual shifter well away from the hole in the fox. I don’t want to cut up my console if I don’t have to and would rather spend money on a different transmission (as last resort) than have the final product look...less than amazing.