• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need help anyone that is using tr3650 trans

hydro

need to know drive shaft length for 01-04 and would it be the same with a 2007 tr3650 ?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Stock shaft is what im running with my 3650. I have a aluminum drive shaft that I need to cut down and reweld to fit, it came out of a Mark VIII.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I have an aluminum 3650 shaft in the garage that looks to be exactly the same length as the stock fox shaft in the same pile.

hydro

yeah would like to know how long they are but i have and 07 gt tr3650 that is going in would like to know the size of a 01-04 tr3650 to see if drive shaft will have to be longer or shorter

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Mine is 47" from the end of the U-joint gusset to the end of the other U-joint gusset, meaning that if it didn't have the slip yoke and differential flange, it would stand exactly 47" high. This is an OEM aluminum shaft from an '01 Saleen Cobra that I didn't get there fast enough to keep a Toyota guy from cutting up into a drag car. :rage: I saved what I could. I got the tranny and drive shaft. The rear end and the motor were gone. An LSx was sitting in the hole :wtf: :brb:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Depending on the yokes you use, the 47" should be within the slip tolerance of your setup.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I went out and measured the one on my '99 Cobra parts car. It is 46 1/2", but looks like the difference is the thinner material on the gussets around the U-joint cups. It is a T45/IRS. I also measured a stock fox body shaft in the pile. It is the same length (slightly between the two), so I don't think you'll have any problems using that measurement.