• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NEED HELP

ifran81

Ok so doing a 99 cobra swap on a 93 cobra keeping all fox interior except the cluster. Using the 99 cluster. All the wiring is done. Disabled the pats system with a sct x4 tuner. The car will not start with with the key. I would turn the key to the on position and jump the wires in order to start the car. Idk what I'm doing wrong but any help would be appreciated

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Ifran, welcome to the site. I'm sure someone here will eventually be able to help you. You will probably want to start a discussion over in the electrical section. Also, the wiring guys will likely want to know what all has been done to the harnesses and which harnesses and plugs you used. It could be as simple as loose wire in the column or it could be more complex.

cpearson1342

So you're saying it does or doesn't start when you jump the wires? Do you still have the fox light/dash wiring harness? Mine is set up where I used the 86 starter wire that goes to the coil and linked it to the starter relay that goes into the fuse box, but I need to know a little more about your setup.

ifran81

So you're saying it does or doesn't start when you jump the wires? Do you still have the fox light/dash wiring harness? Mine is set up where I used the 86 starter wire that goes to the coil and linked it to the starter relay that goes into the fuse box, but I need to know a little more about your setup.

Hey,

I'm using the fox steering wheel with the 99 cobra harness from front to back and using the fox light harness. So I repin the 99 cobra harness to work on the fox steering. When I turn the ignition to start the car nothing happens the cluster light come on but doesn't start the car unless I use a jumper wire at the ignition harness to start the car.

cpearson1342

I'll check some wiring diagrams when I get home, but if it's the same as the 03 mach wiring, there will be a connector that goes in through the driver's side fender that links to the fuse box under the hood. It has a (for me) blue/red wire in the connector that goes to the fuse box that is for the starter relay. Like I said I'll check later because the colors could be different, but I connected that directly to the old wire for the 3rd leg of the coil. If you still have the fox wiring that should be in place but I'm not sure what you got rid of under dash.

cpearson1342

From what I am seeing, which it's giving me a little trouble finding the color directly from the fuse block, but it says it should be white and pink. What I would do is go directly to the bottom of the fuse block and see if you see a white and pink wire coming out from the bottom of the starter relay (you can see which one that is by the picture). Once you have that, you will attach that to whatever wire you are using as hot in start whether it be the old coil wire or something else. Just make sure you are getting current through the hot in start wire when it is turned to start wire a tester. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 99 fuse block.PNG
    99 fuse block.PNG
    48.9 KB · Views: 34

cpearson1342

Glad I could help, wiring is pretty easy for me usually but it's always nice to help someone else to get something to work